It’s nearing that time of year again! Yule is right around the corner and we will be holding our Shire’s too-cool Yule on Saturday, December 19th from 12pm to 6pm.
It’s a low-key pot-luck get-together that’s garb optional. Games and activities are planned for the younger members of the Shire. We will also be giving out our Keeper Awards!
Yule Gift Swap
We will be doing a Viking (aka Yankee) Gift Swap. If you want to be part of the swap, please bring a wrapped, SCA-themed gift of about $10 value. This swap is for adults, there is a separate gift swap for children with a $5 gift. Youth (17 and under) gifts do not need to be SCA-themed, but should be appropriate for either gender. (Ideas are books, crafts, or puzzles for a wide variety of age groups.)
For more information please visit our Event Webpage or contact the Autocrat, Lady Fortune St. Keyne
**For the Official EK Calendar Listing Click Here**
Greetings from your handy-dandy local Webminister!
If you have looked around the site recently…or rather today, you may have noticed that there are new pages in the menu. I though that I would go over these for everyone so that you know what’s there and why!
- Galleries – These are for pictures. right now it’s a little bare. If you’d like to share your pictures with us please drop me a note!
- Forums – This is for everyone to use and communicate with! Make a login on the registration page and take a look around. I’m hoping to start a thread for recipes, camping arrangements, etc.
- Event Planning Resources – This one is tricky and is hiding under the Exchequers page. There are three pages that fall under this one. They all contain graphs for different things to help autocrats better plan and budget for their event. These are still in the process of being filled out. Please be patient and if you have additional information to add to them please let me know!
- Sites – A list of sites that we have used in the past. Includes contact info, amenities, accessibility, and facility details.
- Menu Costs – A list of menus from past events with actual cost to purchase. This sheet includes how many people paid for food and how much they paid.
- Budget Numbers Overview – This is the grand-daddy of worksheets. It includes costs for the site, additional insurance, tokens, food, signs, and a bunch of other things.