Here are the minutes from yesterday’s Shire business meeting.
- Please submit your quarterly reports.
- Looking for deputies.
- Made some updates to the Autocrat’s Handbook, mostly relating to the new NMS changes.
- The Kingdom needs Newcomer Tokens. They can be anything. It is certainly nicer to have something with some sort of fastener (even if it’s just a safety pin). It’s also nice to have space for the Royalty’s initials to be added to them.
- Finally ran heraldic workshop at WPI. The group was smaller than previous years but they were very enthusiastic.
- Helped a few folks design and conflict-check heraldry.
- It is no longer the Herald’s responsibility to submit the paperwork, so be sure to submit your paperwork if you have it!
- We have money.
- Thank you for letting me be your exchequer.
- The bankbook has formally been passed to Mikhail.
- Someone misfiled their reauthorization at Birka, but that has been taken care of.
- We had the WPI Spring Ball on Friday. We had about 20 people, including newbies. It did run for the full time interval.
- We also had dance practice at WPI this month and it was well attended.
- Walpurgisnacht is coming up.
- May Practice is at Camelot as usual.
- Practice this afternoon in Stow. Practice Sunday 4/24 in the morning at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.
- Archery Repair Workshop at 1:00 on Sunday 4/24 at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.
- Been busy.
- Aleksei and Murdoch are planning on switching roles in order to redistribute the workload.
- If anyone else is interested in becoming Chronicler, let Matthias know.
- Thanks to Brokk for bringing the trailer to Coronation.
- Lochleven Spring Practice is at Camelot April 23-24. Y’all come by. Saturday is oriented toward heavy list. Sunday is oriented toward Archery, Fencing, and Thrown Weapons. A&S both days.
- Edward Grey is looking to host an armor workshop. Bug him if interested.
- I would like to thank the entire Shire for pulling together. Special thanks to Colin and Maggie who have strange notions about what constituted a “date night”.
- We had 666 attendees. Could be a record. 67 children and 67 NMS.
- We had $11,180 total income. We’re still double checking the profit numbers.
- Perronnelle covered pickup for the rental company. Paul Rents is wonderful and we should use them again.
- We have ideas for how to use the site again in the future. They loved us.
- May 21 at Camelot.
- If you want to teach, contact Feilinn.
- This is an all experience levels Scribal Schola.
- We would like to borrow folding tables of all shapes, sizes, and materials.
King’s and Queens Archery and Thrown Weapon Championships:
- And possibly Curia.
- Matthias will be handling the contract and site payment.
- Elvira and Eleanor Le Brun will be running dayboard.
- Brokk will be managing the Thrown Weapons range on behalf of the Champions.
- Archery and Thrown Weapons will both be on the main field.
- We’d like to rent some portapotties for the main field, especially an ADA-compliant one.
- Matthias has volunteered to help with parking.
- Matthias will follow up with Elvira to double check that she is running their dayboard.
- Dayboard will be a donation only fundraiser.
- We will be appointing new Defenders based on the outcome of the tournaments, so encourage Shire folk to attend.
- We have conflicting information about whether we are running this event.
- Matthias will double check with TRM.
- October 29 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Worcester.
Battle of Five Armies:
- Preliminary event bid submitted.
- We discussed comps, fees, and site. We have decided that all children will be free.
- We need an archery marshal to check the ranges for suitability.
- Aleksei is interested in Kitchener and Feast Chef.
- Teresa is interested in running gate.
- Simona is looking at hosting an SCA flea market next spring, possibly at the Higgins.
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, May 15, 12pm, at Camelot Cohousing