Business Meeting Minutes – April 17

Here are the minutes from yesterday’s Shire business meeting.

 

Officer reports

Seneschal:

  • Please submit your quarterly reports.
  • Looking for deputies.
  • Made some updates to the Autocrat’s Handbook, mostly relating to the new NMS changes.

Chatelaine:

  • The Kingdom needs Newcomer Tokens. They can be anything. It is certainly nicer to have something with some sort of fastener (even if it’s just a safety pin). It’s also nice to have space for the Royalty’s initials to be added to them.

Herald:

  • Finally ran heraldic workshop at WPI. The group was smaller than previous years but they were very enthusiastic.
  • Helped a few folks design and conflict-check heraldry.
  • It is no longer the Herald’s responsibility to submit the paperwork, so be sure to submit your paperwork if you have it!

Exchequer:

  • We have money.
  • Thank you for letting me be your exchequer.
  • The bankbook has formally been passed to Mikhail.

MoL:

  • Someone misfiled their reauthorization at Birka, but that has been taken care of.

Dance:

  • We had the WPI Spring Ball on Friday. We had about 20 people, including newbies. It did run for the full time interval.
  • We also had dance practice at WPI this month and it was well attended.
  • Walpurgisnacht is coming up.
  • May Practice is at Camelot as usual.

Archery:

  • Practice this afternoon in Stow. Practice Sunday 4/24 in the morning at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.
  • Archery Repair Workshop at 1:00 on Sunday 4/24 at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.

Chronicler:

  • Been busy.
  • Aleksei and Murdoch are planning on switching roles in order to redistribute the workload.
  • If anyone else is interested in becoming Chronicler, let Matthias know.

Chamberlain:

  • Thanks to Brokk for bringing the trailer to Coronation.

Lochleven:

  • Lochleven Spring Practice is at Camelot April 23-24. Y’all come by. Saturday is oriented toward heavy list. Sunday is oriented toward Archery, Fencing, and Thrown Weapons. A&S both days.
  • Edward Grey is looking to host an armor workshop. Bug him if interested.

 

Old business

Coronation:

  • I would like to thank the entire Shire for pulling together. Special thanks to Colin and Maggie who have strange notions about what constituted a “date night”.
  • We had 666 attendees. Could be a record. 67 children and 67 NMS.
  • We had $11,180 total income. We’re still double checking the profit numbers.
  • Perronnelle covered pickup for the rental company. Paul Rents is wonderful and we should use them again.
  • We have ideas for how to use the site again in the future. They loved us.

Scribal Schola:

  • May 21 at Camelot.
  • If you want to teach, contact Feilinn.
  • This is an all experience levels Scribal Schola.
  • We would like to borrow folding tables of all shapes, sizes, and materials.

King’s and Queens Archery and Thrown Weapon Championships:

  • And possibly Curia.
  • Matthias will be handling the contract and site payment.
  • Elvira and Eleanor Le Brun will be running dayboard.
  • Brokk will be managing the Thrown Weapons range on behalf of the Champions.
  • Archery and Thrown Weapons will both be on the main field.
  • We’d like to rent some portapotties for the main field, especially an ADA-compliant one.
  • Matthias has volunteered to help with parking.

Sommer Draw:

  • Matthias will follow up with Elvira to double check that she is running their dayboard.
  • Dayboard will be a donation only fundraiser.
  • We will be appointing new Defenders based on the outcome of the tournaments, so encourage Shire folk to attend.

K&Q Equestrian:

  • We have conflicting information about whether we are running this event.
  • Matthias will double check with TRM.

Simply Allegorical:

  • October 29 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Worcester.

Battle of Five Armies:

  • Preliminary event bid submitted.
  • We discussed comps, fees, and site. We have decided that all children will be free.
  • We need an archery marshal to check the ranges for suitability.
  • Aleksei is interested in Kitchener and Feast Chef.
  • Teresa is interested in running gate.

 

New Business

  • Simona is looking at hosting an SCA flea market next spring, possibly at the Higgins.

 

NEXT MEETING: Sunday, May 15, 12pm, at Camelot Cohousing

 

Business Meeting Minutes – March 20

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting.

Congratulations to our re-elected Shire officers:

MoL: Lady Simona bat Leon

Chancellor Minor: Madame Perronnelle de Croy

Dance: Duchess Thyra Eiriksdottir

And to our newly elected officers:

Exchequer: Lord Mikhail bogmaor

MoAS: Baroness AEsa feilinn Jossursdottir

 

Business Meeting Minutes – February 14

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting.

 

Business Meeting Minutes – January 10

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting. Please please please have a look at the proposed by-law changes and submit any feedback to Mathias. These will be voted on at the next meeting!

The next meeting will be on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 12-2pm, at Camelot Cohousing.