Business Meeting Minutes – May 15

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting.

 

Officer reports

Chronicler: Nothing new. Propose quick election next month to confirm Aleksei to replace Murdoch.

Chamberlain: Nothing new.

Seneschal: Organized paperwork. Write people in for awards! Please! New Royals will be looking for staff.

Herald: Consulted during Lochleven spring practice. Happy to help people register stuff.

MoAS: Scribal Schola, May 21, Camelot. 18 classes, all skill levels. Schedule is up, descriptions up today or tomorrow. Scroll display. 50yr is looking for scans of scrolls, please submit to Countess Marguerite. Has access to MoAS email. MoAS web page updated with Feilinn’s info.

Dance: Good May practice. One more in June, off July and August.

Archery: Practice today. Took measurements for new stands. Will make them smaller than current stands for easier transport. Will schedule a work day to build them once materials are purchased. Rounds are doing well. Sojourner has offered to run evening practices at Brokk and Rozi’s one night a week.

Exchequer: We have money. Monthly and quarterly reports submitted to Kingdom

Knight Marshal: Due to low attendance, practices are now only running on Thursday in Berlin, Sunday in Millbury.

Youth: Supplies are good, going through two boxes of donations. Offered to help Bergental at Sommer Draw. Youth activities at K&Q Archery/Thrown Weapons?

Webminister: Putting up K&Q Equestrian page by Wednesday. Putting up page for Scribal Schola. Still trying to fix header issue. Officers, let me know if you want to update your officer page.

 

Old Business

Scribal Schola, May 21: Simona running gate. Thyra deputy seneschal for the day. Corwin looking for help with cleanup – should happen throughout day to make cleanup at the end easier. Setup at 8am, people arrive by 9:30. Potluck lunch. Classes 11-6. A few have small class fees – will be listed on web site. Display at 4. Class sched on web site. Donation only. Looking for loaner/donation art supplies for newbies to use.

K&Q Thrown Weapons and Archery Champs, June 4: Archery has Chinese theme. Site tokens chosen. No Curia, will be held at GNEW. There’s enough space for youth activities if we want. Setup Friday evening before.

Sommer Draw, June 17: Defender tourneys will be held here – best placing Quintavian for each discipline. We usually dayboard as a fundraiser, will confirm that we are.

K&Q Equestrian, August 27: Have contract but it needs some corrections. Rosina seeking substitute autocrat due to a wedding that got scheduled that day – will still help plan the event. Seeking input for additional activities since so much space is available. Hobby horse race? Mikhail will handle prereg. Listed on EK event page. Will talk to Perronnelle about event web page. Can set up Friday. Will ask people to set up period tents for dressing rooms, staff/royal dayboard, royal rooms, populace shade, other activities.

Battle of the Five Armies: Talking long term scheduling with site. Contacting neighboring Baronies to gauge interest in participating.

Smoking Rocks wants to use a site in Quintavia (Franklin) for their Investiture on Labor Day weekend. No objections from us. Theme of border skirmish – could lead into Battle of the Five Armies well.

 

New Business

Rozi interested in stepping down as Marshal of Fence. Corwin is interested in taking over. Will talk to Rozi and gauge interest from other Shire fencers.

 

Announcements

Toi is giving away garb that no longer fits. Help yourself! Leftovers will be donated to Gold Key.

Business Meeting Minutes – April 17

Here are the minutes from yesterday’s Shire business meeting.

 

Officer reports

Seneschal:

  • Please submit your quarterly reports.
  • Looking for deputies.
  • Made some updates to the Autocrat’s Handbook, mostly relating to the new NMS changes.

Chatelaine:

  • The Kingdom needs Newcomer Tokens. They can be anything. It is certainly nicer to have something with some sort of fastener (even if it’s just a safety pin). It’s also nice to have space for the Royalty’s initials to be added to them.

Herald:

  • Finally ran heraldic workshop at WPI. The group was smaller than previous years but they were very enthusiastic.
  • Helped a few folks design and conflict-check heraldry.
  • It is no longer the Herald’s responsibility to submit the paperwork, so be sure to submit your paperwork if you have it!

Exchequer:

  • We have money.
  • Thank you for letting me be your exchequer.
  • The bankbook has formally been passed to Mikhail.

MoL:

  • Someone misfiled their reauthorization at Birka, but that has been taken care of.

Dance:

  • We had the WPI Spring Ball on Friday. We had about 20 people, including newbies. It did run for the full time interval.
  • We also had dance practice at WPI this month and it was well attended.
  • Walpurgisnacht is coming up.
  • May Practice is at Camelot as usual.

Archery:

  • Practice this afternoon in Stow. Practice Sunday 4/24 in the morning at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.
  • Archery Repair Workshop at 1:00 on Sunday 4/24 at Lochleven Spring Practice at Camelot. All are welcome.

Chronicler:

  • Been busy.
  • Aleksei and Murdoch are planning on switching roles in order to redistribute the workload.
  • If anyone else is interested in becoming Chronicler, let Matthias know.

Chamberlain:

  • Thanks to Brokk for bringing the trailer to Coronation.

Lochleven:

  • Lochleven Spring Practice is at Camelot April 23-24. Y’all come by. Saturday is oriented toward heavy list. Sunday is oriented toward Archery, Fencing, and Thrown Weapons. A&S both days.
  • Edward Grey is looking to host an armor workshop. Bug him if interested.

 

Old business

Coronation:

  • I would like to thank the entire Shire for pulling together. Special thanks to Colin and Maggie who have strange notions about what constituted a “date night”.
  • We had 666 attendees. Could be a record. 67 children and 67 NMS.
  • We had $11,180 total income. We’re still double checking the profit numbers.
  • Perronnelle covered pickup for the rental company. Paul Rents is wonderful and we should use them again.
  • We have ideas for how to use the site again in the future. They loved us.

Scribal Schola:

  • May 21 at Camelot.
  • If you want to teach, contact Feilinn.
  • This is an all experience levels Scribal Schola.
  • We would like to borrow folding tables of all shapes, sizes, and materials.

King’s and Queens Archery and Thrown Weapon Championships:

  • And possibly Curia.
  • Matthias will be handling the contract and site payment.
  • Elvira and Eleanor Le Brun will be running dayboard.
  • Brokk will be managing the Thrown Weapons range on behalf of the Champions.
  • Archery and Thrown Weapons will both be on the main field.
  • We’d like to rent some portapotties for the main field, especially an ADA-compliant one.
  • Matthias has volunteered to help with parking.

Sommer Draw:

  • Matthias will follow up with Elvira to double check that she is running their dayboard.
  • Dayboard will be a donation only fundraiser.
  • We will be appointing new Defenders based on the outcome of the tournaments, so encourage Shire folk to attend.

K&Q Equestrian:

  • We have conflicting information about whether we are running this event.
  • Matthias will double check with TRM.

Simply Allegorical:

  • October 29 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Worcester.

Battle of Five Armies:

  • Preliminary event bid submitted.
  • We discussed comps, fees, and site. We have decided that all children will be free.
  • We need an archery marshal to check the ranges for suitability.
  • Aleksei is interested in Kitchener and Feast Chef.
  • Teresa is interested in running gate.

 

New Business

  • Simona is looking at hosting an SCA flea market next spring, possibly at the Higgins.

 

NEXT MEETING: Sunday, May 15, 12pm, at Camelot Cohousing

 

Business Meeting Minutes – March 20

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting.

Congratulations to our re-elected Shire officers:

MoL: Lady Simona bat Leon

Chancellor Minor: Madame Perronnelle de Croy

Dance: Duchess Thyra Eiriksdottir

And to our newly elected officers:

Exchequer: Lord Mikhail bogmaor

MoAS: Baroness AEsa feilinn Jossursdottir

 

Business Meeting Minutes – February 14

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting.

 

Business Meeting Minutes – January 10

Here are the minutes from today’s Shire business meeting. Please please please have a look at the proposed by-law changes and submit any feedback to Mathias. These will be voted on at the next meeting!

The next meeting will be on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 12-2pm, at Camelot Cohousing.

Quintavia Yule Location Change!

Please note! Our location for Yule has changed due to a scheduling conflict at the church.

We will now be at the Mosaic Commons Common House, 25 Village Lane, Berlin, MA 01420, from 1:30-5:30pm

All other details remain the same.

Summer Quintavian Milestone Available

The Summer issue of the Quintavian Milestone is here! The Milestone is the Shire’s quarterly newsletter with articles and news about past and upcoming events in our own area and sometimes covering neighboring areas as well.

 

Summer Features:

  • Stories and photos from St. Jean Baptiste Tourney and Feast
  • King’s & Queen’s Equestrian and Thrown Weapons Championships
  • Previews of coming attractions later this year.

**For more information on upcoming events visit the

East Kingdom Calendar!**

May Quintavian Waypost Available

The May issue of the Quintavian Waypost is now available. It includes information about the upcoming Central Region Fiber Arts Time and St. John Baptiste Tourney and Feast, and minutes from the May business meeting.

 

alt: May Quintavian Waypost

April 2015 Quintavian Waypost Available

The April issue of the Quintavian Waypost is now available. It includes a summary of last month’s Central Region Fiber Arts Time, information about the upcoming Quintavia Spring Practice being run with House Lochleven, and minutes from the April business meeting.

 

alt: April 2015 Quintavian Waypost

Second Winter Milestone

The “Second Winter” issue of the Quintavian Milestone is now available for your viewing pleasure. Featured are pictures from Hafla, information about the proposed Order of Valiance, and Andreiko’s Guide to Pennsic, with tips for those considering the journey to the Debatable Lands for the first time.